Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Rain In Spain Stays Only on the Plain

A LIE by the way!! All of the intense rain we had today brought back some really awesome memories of my travels abroad. For those who don't know I studied in London for a semester in college and during one very cold weekend in January my flatmates and I took a trip to Barcelona, Spain. That weekend all it did was rain, and manage to keep my feet very wet. Looking back now, I can laugh about the trip, however, when we arrived, we were seriously contemplating whether or not we would get out of this country alive. Let's just say it rained...a lot, I saw a flutist perform on some kind of electric flute (pictured below) all this happening in the middle of a 'night club', spent a great amount of time inside a huge indoor market (avoiding the weather outside), and got caught in a wind storm with my new umbrella on a deserted beach (also pictured below), oh and Melissa tried to turn herself in for smuggling bananas into the country (sadly, not pictured below)!!!

Spain's Version of Ron Burgundy

People thought I was really weird for taking pictures of all the food, but it's so awesome looking!

I can feel Jess' sinus infection coming on....

Wind Storm = Broken Umbrella

3 comments:

louiegennuso said...

thats a flute with a microphone attached to it!

Unknown said...

Ahh Spain, I would have to say the best thing was the Spanish cuisine aka Hard Rock Cafe, oh and the Habana Home or getting on the wrong train..so many memories it's hard to choose just one!

I don't think we need to go back there...

whatthehaleman said...

oooh fun. those pictures, even though i wasn't there, bring back memories even for me. remember when you ran into that guy who was from that little random town- such a small world. thanks for the shoutout! it all looked so delicious, but you're right, i probably would die!