Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Caution!

On my way to work this morning I was behind an Alert-O-Lite truck. This is interesting to me because I toured their whole store and facility in college. For those unfamiliar, they are a construction supply store, also specializing in orange cones and traffic blockade signs. Anyway, the point is that I started thinking about all the random field trips I had to take during college for my degree. I have seen glass made (really hot and really smelly), cinder blocks at a concrete making factory, gravel and rocks made and sorted for landscaping, windows and doors at Anlin being fabricated, toured a construction supply store, toured our University's Rec Center when it was still under construction, toured a Madera Winery and I'm sure more that I just can't remember. I also need to add that at most of these places I had to wear a hard hat and steel toed boots (which I later loaned to someone for a Halloween costume! How random was my major?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went on a field trip today...to Kerman!